Hello, Hunter Community! It’s been a while! How’ve you been?
Good, good. Yes, I’ve been away for a while. Played quite a bit of Starcraft, some Dragon Age, a little Mass Effect 2, some Star Trek Online oh, and Minecraft.
Minecraft’s a little indie game which you probably should have heard about by now. It’s made by one man (more or less) and is currently available to pre-order for 10 Euro-Pounds. This gains you access to the alpha version. You shouldn’t expect to see daylight again. Read the excellent RPS adventures in Minecraft here (scroll ye down for the first post).
So, Warcraft. I haven’t actually played the game since some time before my last post, and I won’t be able to until… Thursday. This is because I am incredibly busy for the next few days and will spend all of my time:
With that said, I’ve found that WoW has entered into my thoughts of late. I’ve spent some time catching up with Cata news before I jump back in. Some thoughts:
- The talent trees seem like they’ve been refined quite a bit, a brief play about with Beastmastery builds seems to actually make some kind of sense now. There are several references however to ‘Basic Attacks’ which I thought were being scrapped completely (in favour of all pets doing the same DPS). Maybe these talents will affect pet abilities instead, although they generally won’t be a DPS improvement. I will tear into the hunter changes properly towards the end of the week.
- I’m really not convinced by the psychotic new Female Worgen design. Actually I don’t like it at all.
- Brewfest was my first world event after I joined WoW. I participated as a very junior hunter, somewhere around level 15 or 20. I was already planning my reputation grind to get my riding sabrecat. Brewfest starts tomorrow, the most Dwarvern of all festivals. I’ll be there on Thursday!
- This is the second time I’ve tired of the game and gone off to play other things for a few months. It’s a cycle. Exactly the same thing happened last year, except last time I didn’t really know if I was coming back.
- I notice that Operation: Gnomeregan is out. I look foward to running that soon.
- It seems like the Guild still hasn’t downed the Lich King. At least I didn’t miss much.
- Cataclysm looks pretty damn imminent.
That’s it for now. Apologies to those in the community who may have actually read YBS previously, I didn’t expect to be gone for this long. Look for more posts towards the end of the week!