A Skyrate’s Life is a series of posts reminiscing about my time in the Skyrates roleplaying community, primarily through posting and talking about my remaining RP channel logs.
It’s been a while since the last one of these, and for that I apologise. I’ve also got some updates to do to previous entries’ notes based on what people in the community (principally Phedre Spitfire and Talon Karrde) have told me. I will get around to that, but I have to find the lurker chat logs first as I didn’t actually make proper notes for the corrections. Whoops.
What’s in this entry, then? Below the cut, you’ll find more Schellen, Kincaid’s birthday (which doesn’t go as well as you’d hope), Rimdar being perplexed at the lack of applause and Burrito Loco emitting a beeping sound. For those of you with accent allergies, this entry contains small quantities of Markus. For previous entries in this series, clicky!
A Skyrate’s Life is a self-indulgent series of posts reminiscing about my time in the Skyrates roleplaying community, primarily through posting and talking about my remaining RP channel logs.
After the excitement, adventure and really wild things of the last entry, it seems like we’re back to normal today (normal being a relative term of course). We’re back to conversation rather than shooting – although the main topic of conversation is the shooting, naturally. We also see the return of Zekkass, who I pounce upon as if she’s the only sane person in the vicinity (likely true) and the introduction of Josiah, who shoots me.
I think I want to title every post in this series with a Mahmoth quote from now on.
- Clio: Female cat, newcomer to the R&P. Who’s playing Clio?
- Josiah: Male giraffe, Green faction. At this stage he’s just out of Flight School, and this looks like his first time here.
- Phedre Spitfire: Female arctic fox. Now here’s a confusing one. DP has an entry for “Phédre Spitfire”, and her Skybrary article notes that she has acquired some infamy due to the acts of her sister who assumed her identity. Phédre was an important member of Red faction. Who was THIS Phedre though? Fortunately, the ACTUAL Phedre turned up in Skyrates, so I asked her about it. Turns out that Phedre was killed off before the end of the round, her player unaware that RP is persistent and continues after the end of the round. A very similar looking sister was thus created to replace her.
- Alexandra Borisov: Female fox? While she has no DP entry of her own, she is listed as one of Knappekat’s past crewmembers. It seems reasonable that she’s an alt of Knappekat, doesn’t it?
Unfortunately, “Alexandra Borisov” is one of the randomly assembled crew names that the game gives out, so anyone could have found a crewmember with that name and decided they liked it. Update: Phedre Spitfire confirms that she’s an alt of Knappe, and that she’s a fox. Thanks, Phedre!
- Athrawes: No entry in DP. I can determine that he’s male from his emotes, but nothing else.
- HK-47: Sigh…
- Okay, so it turns out that Ennia being shot the previous day wasn’t the ONLY excitement. It seems like someone (Silura, apparently) tried to shoot Ellington inside the bar earlier. Busy day! I seem to have been physically present for this event because I describe it later on, but for some unknown reason I didn’t log any of it.
- Mahmoth called me ‘Webling’! This pleased me.
- Somewhere before the start of this, Markus changes the dressing on his injury (sustained in the previous evening’s violence). This is what causes Clio to pass out. He apparently dozes off for a while after this.
- We finally find out just what it is that Markus has been working on for the past few entries! We also discover that Phedre has had some prior association with Ennia’s would-be assassin – according to Mah “th’bugger tried t’rip th’tavern an age’r so ago’n took th’Phe.”
- This entry had a little bit of strangeness and some outright trolling. I’ve abused my editorial privilege and stripped the trolling out completely – it wasn’t even interesting. Mistakes are left in, even my own. Especially my own! The strangeness? That, I left in. We’re not even getting started, yet…
- This log itself is in excess of nine thousand words long, number fans. It took bloody ages to put the formatting in, line by line – hence the delay in getting this entry up.
Today’s chat log is past the cut below! For previous entries in this series, direct your Internet conveyances here.